Before traveling to Georgia and renting a car in Tbilisi, it will be useful for all drivers to read about driving in Georgia, emergency numbers and speed limits in Georgia. Emergency numbers in Georgia:
Useful phone numbers in Georgia:
- Police 112
- Ambulance 112
- Fire Service 112
- Gas service 04
Standard permissions for speed on the roads of Georgia:
- Background 09
- Medicine (+995 32) 225 19 91, (+ 995 32) 225 22 33
- Taxi 511, (+995 32) 2201 201, (+995 32) 294 44 44
- Tbilisi Airport (+995 32) 231 03 41 airport reference (+995 32) 243 31 41, (+995 32) 243 31 21
- Tbilisi Railway (+995 32) 299 32 53, 1331 reference station
- Tbilisi bus station (+995 32) 275 34 33 bus station (+995 32) 275 04 20
- Settlement - 60 km / h
- Highways - 90 km / h
- Motorway - 110 km / h
- The section of the motorway with a resolution of 110 km / h so far only from Tbilisi in the direction of Batumi and only the first 70 km, then plots are built.
The law allows speeding at 14 km / h, but it is better not to exceed 10 km / h Police
Police posts do not hide and do not take pictures secretly. They patrol roads and cities, stop violators of the rules. On the roads, speed cameras are monitored by cameras and radars. Fines
For what the police fined in Georgia?
- The driver and passengers did not fasten the seat belt
- Use your mobile phone while driving
- The intersection of the solid line markings
- Directions to the red traffic signal
- Alcohol or drug intoxication behind the wheel
- The seat belt security
- The driver and front passenger must fasten their seat belts.
For throwing garbage into a car window fine from 120 GEL Don't leave the car
If you are stopped by a police patrol, in any case, do not get out of the car. Keep your hands on the wheel and wait for the policeman to approach you. In Georgia, as in the USA, the driver's exit from the car is regarded as an attack and a police officer can use a weapon. Documents requested by a police officer from a tourist driving a rental car
Fixing fines with photo cameras
- Driver's license
- Passport - always asked to show and be sure to have it with you
- Car Registration Certificate
Cameras and radars in Georgia are all stationary, not portable. Plus in front of the camera will be a sign warning of the radar. If you violated the speed limit, the camera will automatically take a photo and immediately put it in the police base.
Cameras and radars take pictures:
Driving a car without a license
- Exceeding the speed limit by more than 14 km / h
- Car crossing the stop line at a traffic light
Residents of Georgia can afford to drive without a license, as all information about them and cars is in the police database. For tourists to have a passport and license - a prerequisite. If a tourist is stopped and he does not have a license with himself - a fine of 750 GEL from the driver and owner of the car.
The tourist will have to pay both fines.
Where to pay the fine in Georgia
If you received a fine - it is much more economical to pay it immediately in the nearest bank. After 14 days, the amount will increase by 2 times, then 3 times, and so on.
According to the laws of Georgia, if the perpetrator did not pay the fine within 6 months, then he automatically loses his rights. That is, if a tourist owes a $30 fine, did not pay, forgot about it, and re-flew to the country - he can wait from $ 600 fine.
It is more economical to pay a small fine and then have no problems with the police and the laws of Georgia. Police attitude to tourists
Georgian police do not take bribes, do not even try to hint about it - you will be immediately handcuffed. You should not argue with the policeman and prove your point - everything can end at the police station and your rest will be spoiled.
If you can not find the road, the street, you have any problems on the road - contact the patrol - they will prompt and help you absolutely free and with joy. For tourists in Georgia is a very friendly attitude.
If you nevertheless violated something insignificant and the patrol stopped you - explain that you are a tourist and you might have missed or were confused on a new road for you. Most often, you get off with a warning, not a fine.